Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Isn't that RUDE?

In a classroom, a teacher was sitting on a chair where she was circled by a group of young learners who were sitting on the floor. She then threw a yellow bag one by one as she called out each pupil's name in her class. She threw the bag onto the floor and the children would go and pick it up when their names were called. The bag consisted of a story book and a reading record book which every child would take and read at home with his or her parents.

As usual...ME + MY OBSERVATION + MY CULTURE + ME THINKING = "woo...that's rude!"...
I was brought up in a culture and surrounding where BOOKS are honoured and thus the act of throwing books to the floor was regarded as rude...that's my interpretation.

Not only that, the teacher's act also led me to...MY CULTURE + ME THINKING = "Imagine if a child did the same to you, would it be alright?"

But then I am completely aware of "what's not acceptable in one's culture may be acceptable in another."

2 comments:

Favourite Link

Here are some of my favourite sites: SupyanHussin Conference Alerts

About Me

Nothing much about me...